Tuesday, February 10, 2015

dare a little more, try a little harder and dream a little bigger.

I remember the first time when running my first 1.5km was an achievement for me.  My one year goal was to run a 5km race.  I honestly never imagined I could run a half. Then I remember wondering if I could possibly get under three hours, and then within a year wondering if I could possibly do a sub2. Now I have gotten from 2:45 maiden to 2:12, and the next big step/goal is under 2:00.

On the days that doubt creeps in I remind myself that the biggest thing running has taught me is that I am stronger and tougher than I think, and that I can do more than I think I can.
That belief and strength has trickled into every aspect of my life.

Recently, I have been acknowledged for the Most Improved Runner Women category.  And while we say that achieving a PB in half or 10k, or getting acknowledged would really have much of an impact on the rest of your life, but I promise it does.  Because when you achieve something you never thought you could, especially something physical. It makes you realize that you are much stronger than you thought, makes you more capable than you thought, and have more potential than you thought.  

It makes you believe in yourself more in all areas of your life.  It makes you dare a little more, try a little harder and dream a little bigger.


These are just some of the things I have learned through the training and racing. I have many more races ahead of me and much more to learn, but I am grateful for all that running has taught me so far.


"Life is not about discovering our talents; it is about pushing our talents to the limit and discovering our genius." ~Robert Brault

1 comment:

  1. congratulations!!!!!completing half marathon in 2hrs is no mean feat!!
    i can vouch for this cause my husband(and kids)too is into marathons!!
    good luck and hope you achieve your under 2 hrs target too!!!

    ReplyDelete