Monday, September 29, 2014

Never going to ring the Bell..

In a recent Dwarka Run, where I completed 10 km in 59 mins, sub-1 was my dream come true.  I was working on the sub-1 timings for quite long. 
And today when I look 2 yrs back, I would have never believed that there will be a day when I would run this strong.
This realization has given me a really big boost.  It has shown me how much progress I have truly made and how far I have come.  It has made me excited to think about where I could be in a few more years.

Believe.
Believe in yourself.  Believe in dreams.  Believe in progress.  Believe in possibilities.  Believe in the power of hard work and dedication.  Believe that you can.

So here I am, with load of confidence and commitment.  For the next 8 weeks I am going to put my all into getting ready in every way for the big day.

Of course I am not going to give up what so ever.

Admiral William recently gave the commencement speech at his alma mater,  the University of Texas.  This is how the Admiral, a former Navy SEAL, opened his address: “Everyday during training, you were challenged with multiple physical events.  Long runs, long swims, obstacle courses, something designed to test your mettle.  Finally, in SEAL training there is a bell – a brass bell that hangs in the compound for all the students to see.  All you have to do to quit – is ring the bell.  Ring the bell, and you no longer have to wake up at five o’clock.  Ring the bell, and you no longer have to the runs, the obstacle course, the PT, and you no longer have to endure the hardships of training.  All you have to do to ring the bell to get out.  If you want to change the world, don’t ever, ever ring the bell.”
(There is an awesome three minute video that goes with this you can watch it here.)

Simply put, I am not ever, ever going to ring the Bell.


No comments:

Post a Comment