Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Guest In My Garden

Some couple of months back, one of a lazy Sunday…I was catching a few ‘z’s in my room when I heard of some sound.  I suddenly got up and looked around the room.  Then I went around the house as of where the sound came from and there I followed the door to my garden where I saw a beautiful Peacock standing still in the garden.  I was besieged……. at once ran to call my daughter.  Got hold of the camera and just managed to get a mere click, seeing us, the peacock flew away to the nearby wall.   But, for a moment we were thrilled and exult seeing the bird in our garden *sighhhhh*
Somewhere I heard, this aphorism that if you find birds close to your vicinity often,  then you stay in a very healthy environment *wink*.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! All we get are a bunch of raucous pigeons who leave our wooden veranda incredibly dirty every single day. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful... very beautiful....!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many many years back, when Delhi was relatively "less polluted" we used to live in Dhaula kuan--on the Delhi ridge----we used to have frequent peacock visitors (and snakes too!)Your post brought back a lot of memories, and your garden is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! how lovely is ur unexpected visitor!!Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow.. Amazing!!!what a beautiful visitor you had!! full in its glory..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW what a lovely guest to have. Before we came to Norway, I lived a couple of yrs in eastern Rajasthan in Bharatpur - Peacocks used to be frequent visitors in our garden and many many evenings I used to have my evening tea watching them dance to theirs and my hearts content.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shivani, First of all, I am a new member of ur blog and your home is very beautiful. And to spot a peacock in ur garden, that too in these days, is something! I am amazed.
    Keep the blog rolling. I am having a good time reading and seeing pictures.

    ReplyDelete