Friday, September 17, 2010

Happy Weekend...

During my early morning walks.  On the way I used to admire this plant (cant get the name) with this lovely flower.  I don't know why but the color was so appealing and I was in awe of the plant.  As like my dear friend patty I too discourage plucking flowers.  And today my stoke of luck during the walk saw this flower stylishly positioned on the grass.  Hesitantly I picked it up and here I was so ecstatic and thrilled,  like a toddler in high spirits.
Today adding to my assets is my latest buy ... couple of Hindi Novels (picked up today from Hindi book fair in school)

So here's wishing you a
HAPPY WEEKEND
&
HAPPY READING!!

8 comments:

  1. oh ... I love the composition...the first photo is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lovely.. Shivani.. Lovely!! The first pic is simply gorgeous.. and I do agree.. I know the feeling.. when I find a pretty flower that I can take home...

    Thanks for the encouragement!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Amrita Pritam's work ( she belongs to my mom's generation and my mom has read many of her works to me). Excellent choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shivani...love reading short stories too....read Premchand a lot but never read Amrita pritam...it's such a delight to read hindi writers.What a bright cosy corner and lovely print on bedsheet as well.Have a great weekend and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too have the habit of picking up flowers on the streets and discourage taking away these beauties when they are happy on the plants. Thanks a bunch for joining in the September Blog Carnival..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty flower!! Beautiful pics and books!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liked the picture a lot and the story behind it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it Frangipani Shivani, your pictures look perfect and your garden is any gardener's delight, howz summer treating all the lovely plants of yours...

    ReplyDelete