Monday, July 26, 2010

Everybody talks about weather, but nobody does anything about it. - Mark Twain

We all love doing our homes.  SO TRUE.. But what if the decor adds up to savings.
YESSSSSSS... Recently I have installed a Solar light in my kitchen.  And Believe me it is fun decorating as well as saving and a positive step towards GLOBAL WARMING...
I am a very nature loving person and try using natural light during the day..and actually I cannot stand by the bulbs and tube lights during the day time.  The same I teach my daughter(well my teacher instincts.. and actually her current topic in school is Environment also) to use as much as you can NATURAL LIGHT only.
I always loved my Kitchen WINDOW and now to add to its charm is the SOLAR LIGHT (so effective and useful)
 A look during the DAY TIME
The solar light panel is hung outside the window where it gets the maximum sun rays
 A closer look of the window sill
and fantabulous look during NIGHT

To get more into the detail of my kitchen window sill.  Check this post out!!!!


We know more about Tom [Cruise] and Katie [Holmes] than we do about global warming. We're the most entertained, least informed people in the world.

-Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.,

To prove the above quote wrong, each one of us can do our bits to prevent GLOBAL WARMING....

1.      Turn off the lights when you leave a room. Use fluorescent Lamps (CFL) .

2. Turn off your computer or the TV when you’re not using it. Unplug chargers when not in use.

3. Wait until you have a lot of clothes to wash before using the washing machine.
4. Take shorter showers. Heating water uses energy.

5. Close the blinds on a hot day if the sun is shining in. Dress lightly instead of turning up the air conditioning. Or use a fan.

6. Dress warmly inside your house when it’s cold, instead of turning up the heat.

7. Offer to help your parents keep the air filters on your AC and furnace clean.

8. Walk short distances instead of asking for a ride in a car.

9. Plant trees.

 WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SAY ON THIS? LOVE TO READ YOUR VIEWS....

6 comments:

  1. such a pretty window Shivani, Well your post is so learning and I am definitely going to follow the simple steps to save our earth. As everyone counts....

    ReplyDelete
  2. gr8 ideas Shivani, loved ur window sill as well..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rekha and Sharon...Well hope to see soon some learning cum Saving post on your blog too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips Shivani. I am going to join in to save our Earth. I like your window decors. I too have my window sill as decorative platform...living in a rented house in UK and cant hang stuff around. But I like them on my sills now!

    ReplyDelete